These busy little bees are made from steel oil drums by Haitian Artist, Jean Sylvionel Brutus, through Beyond Borders Fair Trade. They come in a set of two, easy for wall hanging and have bendable double layered wings for a 3-D effect. Woodstock Gifts loves products with a purpose so we’ve added information below to share how your purchase makes a difference in our world.
Each Bee Measures: 8.5″ x 6″
Decor Idea: Here at Woodstock Gifts, we’ve gotten a little creative with these bees. We added professional strength thick double sided tape to the backs and hung them on our back-splash every 2 feet. What a great way to liven up your kitchen.
A Little About Beyond Borders…
Beyond Borders helps people build movements to liberate themselves from oppression and isolation. In Haiti and the United States, we are bringing people together for just and lasting change.
We support movements in Haiti to:
- End child slavery,
- Guarantee universal access to education,
- End violence against women and girls, and
- Replace systems that oppress the poor with systems that support dignified work and sustainable livelihoods.
We see in Haiti, the seed for a new world, a world where,
- People overcome great challenges by learning to question, dream, and act together,
- Women and men find more power by balancing power equally,
- Families and communities thrive on foundations of trust and mutual respect,
- Diversity is seen as a sign of strength,
- All children grow up surrounded by people who love, nurture, and educate them,
- We all find deeper meaning in our lives by coming to value truth over comfort, sharing over having, and justice over personal gain.
Beyond Borders was founded in response to the challenge of Jesus’ words and life of radical love. In all we do we attempt to measure our success by this standard. We welcome all, regardless of their faith, who will join us in supporting these movements for liberation. We find strength and wisdom in the dialogue that diversity allows.
We make a real difference in Haiti because of the approach we take. We follow the Haitian proverb that says, “The rock in the water doesn’t understand the misery of the rock in the sun.” We work hand-in-hand with the Haitian people, understanding that they know how to best address the issues they face. We provide them with the resources they need to build grassroots, community-based movements that lead to sustainable, positive change.
We invite you to learn more about our work, the difference we’re making, and how you can get involved. You may think that the needs are too great, but you are more powerful than you know. Even the smallest act can make a big difference.